Friends of Bathurst Basin (FOBB) is a community group set up in May 2019 and formally constituted on 13th June 2019.
The aim of FOBB is to be a special interest group to preserve, develop and enhance Bathurst Basin where people live, work and enjoy leisure activities.
This unique location brings together the following key pillars of community life:
- The General
- The Iron Foundry
- Merchants Landing
- Recreation activities
- Commercial enterprises
- Communication hub
- Bristol Ferry Boats with 17 ports of call between Temple Meads and the Nova Scotia Pub.
- Located close to many First Bus services including : A1 (for Bristol airport), 24, 75,76, 90 and the metrobuses M1 and M2.
- A route widely used by cyclists and pedestrians. National Cycle Routes 3, 4 and 33 run close by.
- The nearest public car park is Lower Guinea Street car park. There is one slot reserved for disabled car users and another for motorbikes.
The website has been developed for two main purposes:
- as an information source about the history, current facilities and future developments
- as a focal point for campaigns as and when required.
Chair: Richard Finch, email@example.com
Secretary: Jan Walsh, firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership secretary: David Demery, email@example.com
- Bathurst Parade, John Bates
- Iron Works, Michael Nelki
- The General, Steve Maggs
- Commercial interests, Paco Sanchez-Iglesias
- John Sebastian, Ben Ewing